A premier College of Nursing proactively preparing professional health care providers who will strengthen and improve the health of communities worldwide.
To provide quality education for the total development of health care providers who are valued for excellence in practice, research, and extension.
To produce globally competitive health care providers who can create a culture of innovation in the practice of the profession and assume responsibility in harmony with values, rights and dignity
- Offer a baccalaureate program in nursing which is CHED compliant
- Ensure that the curricular program is reviewed yearly and revised every five (5) years
- Ensure that all courses are supported with relevant and appropriate learning resources
- Ensure that 100% of the faculty members possess master’s degree in-line with the courses taught and are pursuing doctor’s degree
- Ensure that all faculty members have clinical and teaching experiences and have been involved in trainings and seminars within the last two (2) years
- Ensure that 80% of the faculty are involved in research activities within the last three (3) years
- Ensure that 40% of the faculty have presented/ published papers in national/ international conferences/ journals within the last three (3) years
- Ensure that all faculty members are involved in community extension projects
- Ensure the existence of five (5) active linkages with professional organizations, academic institutions and government/non-govt. organizations
- Ensure the presence of one (1) base hospital and at least ten (10) affiliated hospitals for its RLE program
- Ensure that the passing percentage in the Nurse Licensure Examination be above the national passing rate
- Ensure that 75% of graduates will be employed within one (1) year after graduation
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Graduates will be competent professionals with an integrated understanding of the nursing standards of excellence within the context of nursing skills and practice. They are practitioners in their fields of specialization: Medical-Surgical Nursing, Maternal-Child Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Gerontology Nursing, Community Health Nursing and Nursing Administration.
- Graduates will be capable of engaging in life-long learning activities relevant to their profession, including earning advanced degrees or completing professional training.
- Graduates will be capable of exhibiting professionalism in working individually or as a member/leader of a team; communicating effectively; and meeting the social and ethical responsibilities of their profession.
P R O G R A M S O F F E R E D
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
DESCRIPTION: The degree shall be Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). To ensure the quality of the nursing graduate, the degree is conferred upon completion of at least four-year BSN program offered by a college, professional institution or university duly recognized by the Commission on Higher Education. In the Philippines, the BSN degree is equivalent to Level 6 of the Philippine Qualifications Framework (PQF). The BSN is a four-year program consisting of general education and professional courses. Professional courses are threaded through from the first year thru the fourth year with emphasis on the nursing concepts with corresponding Related Learning Experiences (RLE). The BSN program provides an intensive nursing practicum that will refine further the nursing competencies to ensure achievement of the BSN program outcomes required of an entry level nurse.
DIPLOMA IN MIDWIFERY
DESCRIPTION: DIPLOMA IN MIDWIFERY is a two-year program consisting of general education and professional courses which prepare students for entry-level midwifery competencies. This 2-year direct entry program includes Clinical Practicum in Foundations of Midwifery, Normal Obstetrics and Care of Newborn, Introduction to High Risk Obstetrics, Basic Care of Infants and Feeding, Basic Family Planning, Primary Health Care and Midwifery Ethics, Law and Practice. Graduates of the program are qualified to take the government licensure examination.