THE NETWORKING AND LINKAGES OFFICE
Cebu Institute of Technology recognizes the need to develop partnership arrangements with other institutions/organizations as part of a larger community. These partnerships are expected to generate opportunities for development of its employees and students. To realize this initiative, the NETWORKING & LINKAGES OFFICE (NLO) was created on June 9, 2010.
The Networking and Linkages Office (NLO), under the Office of the Vice-President for Academic Affairs is responsible for creating linkages with other universities, research organizations, industries, and funding agencies on the local, regional, national and international levels. These linkages focus on faculty and student exchange programs, faculty and student training programs, including on-the-job training; job placement with industry partners; collaborative research activities with universities, industries, government agencies, and research organizations; and partnerships with funding agencies in carrying out projects on research grants; and with the government and NGOs in implementing community development projects.
Vision of NLO
To create local, national, and international dynamic linkages on human resource, research, and community development with educational institutions and other organizations.
Mission OF NLO
The Networking and Linkages Office aims to assist the Technologian prepare to meet the demands of local, national, and global communities for human resource who are values-driven and competent in science and technology, education, business, and other areas where CIT University has a competitive advantage through the creation of dynamic linkage programs such as but not limited to: on-the-job training, job placement, research, faculty and student exchange, and community development activities.
Objectives OF THE NLO
The NLO shall:
- Establish linkages with local, national, and international educational institutions through joint research projects and/or development of training and research centers in engineering and information technology in cooperation with the Research and Development Coordination Office.
- Coordinate efforts to develop cooperation and joint projects in information exchange, faculty and student exchange programs, faculty, student and community training in education, science, engineering, business, and information technology in coordination with the targeted educational institutions in the local, national, and global levels.
- Foster joint projects for the nation building by participating in consortia, networks, and organizations in the local and international milieu on education, science, engineering, business, and information technology;
- Sustain research, faculty/student/community development projects by networking/linkages with funds granting institutions.
FUNCTIONS OF THE NLO
The Networking and Linkages Office:
- creates collaborative research activities with other educational institutions, research organizations and government agencies here in the Philippines and abroad in coordination with the Research and Development Coordination Office (RDCO);
- establishes linkages with other educational institutions (local and international) on faculty and student exchange programs;
- develops linkages with industries and the Department of Labor and Employment of the Republic of the Philippines pertaining to the job placement of graduates and practicum/on-the-job training students, in coordination with the colleges and departments of the University;
- coordinates with the deans and department chairs all activities related to the job placement program of the University such as but not limited to the following:
- scheduling and hosting of the annual Job Fair;
- scheduling, and hosting of company recruitment activities;
- provision of job referrals ; and
- other activities related to the hiring of graduates by different industries
- coordinates all activities with the Deans/Department Chairs of the respective Colleges/Departments in the implementation of the on-the-job/practicum program of University such as
- orientation of students to the OJT program and the guidelines of its implementation;
- preparation of MOA and/or Training Agreements;
- monitoring of students’ compliance to OJT/Practicum requirements;
- consolidation of OJT/Practicum semestral and annual reports to CHED; and
- development of new linkages on OJT/Practicum.
- establishes linkages with government, other universities, and NGOs for joint community development projects in coordination with Community Extension Service Office and the different colleges and departments;
- prepares institutional agreements with government agencies, NGOs and the industry to secure funds for the school’s research , scholarship grants, and training activities; and
- assists, monitors, and evaluates linkage activities of the university.
AREAS OF NETWORKING AND LINKAGES:
- Research collaboration with universities, government and non-government organizations in cooperation with the Research and Development Coordination Office.
- Memberships in research forums, consortia, and networks with universities and government and non-government organizations by assisting the different colleges in CIT;
- Linkages with funding agencies
Faculty and Student Development Linkages
- Faculty exchange programs
- Student exchange programs
- Scholarship networking with universities and granting institutions
- Memberships in academe networks and professional organizations in areas
- Training cooperation with other universities in undergraduate, graduate and post –graduate levels, and faculty/student immersion programs with companies based in the Philippines and overseas.
- On-the-Job Training/Practicum program; and
- Job Placement program
- Industry Lectures/Seminars
Community Development Linkages
- Joint research activities with local and international universities and governments and NGOs to solve community problems
- Training and mentoring other universities/colleges
- Joint training activities with local, international, GOs, and NGOs to solve community problems
- Memberships in forums, consortia, and organizations that foster community development