A premier school for Mechanical Engineering education distinguished for its excellence in developing professionals renowned for their competence, research aptitude, and integrity.
To produce industry-preferred graduates in Mechanical Engineering who are ingrained with values and competence to practice the profession, able to lead others in the conceptualization and implementation of innovative engineering solutions to pressing needs of the community in both local and global contexts.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics
- Master of Engineering major in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering, in a general and broader sense, deals with the art and science of designing a mechanical system and its components, concerned with the generation, transmission, conversion, and utilization of heat and mechanical energy. The scope of activities of the mechanical engineering discipline extends to the investigation and control of its environment that encompasses areas on refrigeration and air-conditioning. The technical domain of this engineering field extends further in areas of design of machine and its components, mechanism of machine, properties of material and testing methods, shop and machine work operations, manufacturing process, process control and instrumentation.
A graduate from this field may find himself involved in the design, research and development, manufacture, production, sales, management, operations, and maintenance of power-producing as well as power-consuming machinery or equipment.
What is BS Mechanical Engineering, with specialization on the field of MECHATRONICS, in CIT University?
CIT offers the basic core courses in Mechatronics needed for applications in automation companies/industries. There are 32 units of Computer and Electronics courses added to the existing BSME curriculum starting in the 3rd year level. At the 5th year level, the students have to produce a project design with mechatronics application as a graduation requirement. The project is undertaken in groups either proposed by the students or the instructor-adviser.
Program Educational Objectives
The CIT University Mechanical Engineering program endeavors to produce graduates who are:
- competent to practice the profession and pursue graduate studies and/or research work;
- trained to meet the local and global demands of the profession; and
- self-motivated, able to lead others, and uphold the code of ethics of the profession as well as his responsibilities in the community
Student or Program Outcomes
By the time of graduation, the students of the program shall have the ability to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve mechanical engineering problems;
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standards;
- function in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- identify, formulate, and solve mechanical engineering problems;
- understand professional and ethical responsibility;
- communicate effectively;
- understand the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- recognize the need for, and engage in life-long learning
- know contemporary issues;
- use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for mechanical engineering practice;
- know and understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.